Mr Jeremy Lavy
MBBS (Lon) FRCS (Eng) FRCS (ORL-HNS)
Mr Lavy is a Consultant Ear Surgeon at the Royal National Throat, Nose & Ear Hospital. He specialises totally in ear surgery and was for many years Director of the UCL/RNTNE Cochlear Implant Programme. He has an interest in all conditions of the ear and his specialist area is stapes surgery where he has the biggest stapedectomy practice in the country.
Appointed Consultant Ear Surgeon at the Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital in 2000 after completing training in London and Sydney, Australia.
Has the largest hearing restoration surgery practice in the UK.
Performs 150-200 stapes surgeries per year
See his website for more info: www.stapedectomy.co.uk
He has an interest in all conditions of the ear and his specialist area is stapes surgery where he has the biggest stapedectomy practice in the country.
- Director of the UCLH/RNTNEH Cochlear Implant programme from 2003 – 2017.
- One of the Times Top 100 Children’s Doctors, 2012.
- Council Member British Society of Otology
- Council member Royal Society of Medicine, Otology Section
- Pioneered binaural cochlear implantation, performing among the first binaural implants in UK, Germany and Mexico (www.cochlear-implant.co.uk).
- Heavily involved in regular teaching and training of ear surgery in developing countries (see News section)
Between 150 and 200 stapedectomies a year are carried out under his care.
Mr Lavy has the best results published in the UK and rivals the best results in the world.
Over 99% of patients will experience an improvement in their hearing. 94% of patients will get closure of their air bone gap to within 10dB of their bone conduction thresholds (average of four frequencies: 0.5, 1, 2 & 3kHz). The risk of losing the hearing completely is approximately 0.4%.
Professor Shakeel R. Saeed
MBBS (Lon), MD (Man), FRCS (Ed), FRCS (Eng), FRCS (ORL)
Professor of Otology / Neuro-otology University College London, Ear Institute.
Consultant ENT and Skullbase Surgeon, Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital, and National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London
Honorary Consultant Guy’s St Thomas’ and King’s College Hospital, London
Graduated from King’s College, London 1985
Doctorate thesis awarded 2003
Previous consultant ENT and skullbase surgeon in Manchester 1999-2008
Professorial appointment in London since 2008.
Extensive experience in lateral skullbase surgery and implantation otology – leading UK opinion in this field
- Over 2000 complex ear surgeries
- Over 400 cochlear implant surgeries
- Over 500 vestibular schwannoma (acoustic neuroma) and other skullbase surgeries
- 24 auditory brainstem implant surgeries (adults and children)
President of the European Academy of Otology and Neurotology 2018-2020
President of the Royal Society of Medicine, Section of Otology 2013-2014
President of the British Skullbase Society 2013-2015
President of the British Society of Academic Otorhinolaryngology 2011-2016
Vice-President of the British Cochlear Implant Group 2011-2015
Chairman of the BACO 2015 Academic committee
Collegium Oto-Rhino-Laryngologicum Amicitiae Sacrum (by nomination)
Administrative Advisory Board of JIAO
Medicine and Clinical Trials Group lead, UCL Ear Institute
Clinical Director of The Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital
Active in otological research and peer review.
Professor Saeed is currently a leading surgeon and researcher in disorders of the ear, hearing, balance, facial nerve and skullbase. He manages patients from all over the UK as well internationally. This includes adults, children or infants with:
- Hearing loss
- Facial palsy
- Vestibular schwannoma (acoustic neuroma)
- Glomus tumour
- Facial nerve tumours
- Superior semicircular canal dehiscence
- Meniere’s Disease
- Benign Positional Vertigo
- Hearing loss requiring cochlear implantation
- Hearing loss requiring middle ear implants
Mr Sherif S. Khalil
MS, FRCS (ORL-HNS), MD
Consultant ENT and Skull Base Surgeon
150 Harley Street, London W1G 7LQ
Tel: 020 7935 3171 – 020 7486 7431
Mobile: 07515 282 319 (Private PA)